1)National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
2) 24-Hour Telephone Counseling
3) Community Mental Health(CMH) MI -offers a high level of services for Individuals with Medicaid or otherwise qualified. Services are related to Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse. See link below to find the office for your county in Michigan.
1) National End-Of-LIfe Doula Alliance (NEDA): Doula information & directories
2) On The Way to Dying: Practical Experience and Insight on Aging and Dying
3) National Home Funeral Alliance (NHFA)
Pregnancy and Infant Loss
1) Pregnancy and Infant Loss http://rtzhope.org/
2) Friends Supporting Parents http://friendssupportingparents.org/index.html
Loss of An Animal Loved One
1) Lap of Love Veterinary Hospice www.lapoflove.com
2) Pet loss www.pet-loss.net/
1) Help Me Grow Michigan: Brief developmental Screens (see link below)
2) Zero to Three "Supporting caring adults who touch the lives of infants and toddlers..." research based parent and provider resources, training and advocacy.
FASD General Resources:
1) NOFAS.org : National Organization for Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
2) MCFARES.org : Local MI Chapter of NOFAS (See link below)
3) Book: Trying Differently Rather Than Harder by D. Malbin.
4) Online Training Series: TRIUMPH Today; 16 segment online training series that give families, caregivers and professionals the tools and techniques thy need to understand FASD. Call Sr. Suzette at 419-890-1290 * firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Training on a brain-based approach to living with, caring for, and working with individuals and families impacted by FASD
6) 8 Magic Keys Video
Grand Rapids (adults & children): https://www.spectrumhealth.org/patient-care/childrens-health/medical-genetics
*Marquette also has a location. I was not able to provide a link.
FASD resources for Caregivers & Providers
1) Oregon Behavioral Consultation-Nate Sheets (Multiple videos addressing behavioral concerns) https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=oregon+behavioral+consultation
2) SAMHSA Guide for FASD treatment for providers
FASD & Educational Settings:
1) 6 Things Educators Should Know about FASD
3) Early Childhood: https://www.gov.mb.ca/healthychild/fasd/fasdearly_en.pdf
FASD Resources for Physicians
1) American Academy of Pediatrics: https://www.aap.org/en-us/advocacy-and-policy/aap-health-initiatives/fetal-alcohol-spectrum-disorders-toolkit/Pages/default.aspx
FASD & Nutrition: Review with your Registered dietitian or Physician
2) Nutrition implications for FASD www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4224205
3) Dr. Molly Goodfellow “Neuro-inflammatory effects of PAE -anti-inflammatory diet recommendations"