“You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith and hope." Thomas Merton
I have worked in the field of social work for over 20 years. Within this time, I have had the honor to work within Community Mental Heath (pregnancy-adults), consulting in childcare settings, coordinating at a senior citizen center, and many years of private practice.
I am deeply influenced by the relationship-based practices of Infant Mental Health and contemplative studies of Christian Mysticism & Buddhism. As a Tai Chi practitioner for over 15 years, I recognize the need for a holistic approach to healing which involves body, mind and Spirit. I hold it all in context of the diversity that influences each of our experiences.
I provide counseling across the lifespan and Bereavement & end of life services. I am trained as a Licensed Social Worker, Infant Mental Health Mentor, receive on-going training as an End-of-Life Doula and bereavement counselor and completed the TLC Training in trauma and loss. I am also a Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Educator and provide professional development & Supervision for individual providers & organizations.
Whether an individual or family, my intention is to help you grow through struggles and meet your goals.
We will achieve this by providing safe space, listening to your needs and concerns, and customizing a treatment or service plan to grow through and cope with the challenges life brings.
It is the policy of Amy Park-Goeddeke, LMSW, L.L.C to treat all without discrimination with regard to religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or disability.
Finding the counselor/therapist or Death Companion that will best meet your needs is important. I am happy to discuss any questions or concerns prior to our first meeting.
For your convenience and accessibility, ask me about online & home based opportunities.
I work with children, adults and relationships across the life span.
My approach is deeply influenced by “relationship based” practices. While trained in several evidenced based therapy models, I have discovered that “evidence based practices“ combined with a "whole person approach" and your unique needs works best.
I believe that a multidisciplinary approach is often best to support healing. This may mean referrals to other providers such at occupational therapists or speech therapists. Integration with alternative healing practices to address somatic needs can be helpful.
Together, we can determine how best to meet your needs.
Individualized support for persons/families impacted by Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders is also available. Caregivers are asked to participate in a brain based focused FASD training as part of the service plan. I can provide this or link you to another opportunity. See online training in resources below.
"Always With You" are my comprehensive services for end of life and the bereavement that often accompanies this time.
Services may include Counseling for the individual living with a life-limiting illness and/or their family member, and/or Death Companioning services for those navigating. a significant loss.
Death Companioning services are also known as "End of Life Doulas." (see "EOLD" tab below) I prefer to use the term "companion" as I see my most important roll as 'being with' you during a very challenging time. In partnership with your Hospice service or independent, we can create an individualized support plan that best meets your needs.
This level of service provides the opportunity for uninterrupted care and support through each level of your journey.
I am honored to help you, your chiid/ren and family navigate this time with dignity and peace
Please contact me to discuss how support may look for you, your family or loved one.
BCBS, BCN, HAP, Beacon (others pending, please inquire)
When insurance is not used. Rate typically matches the insurance rate. However, sliding scale is available.
Applied when mileage to destination exceeds 10 miles from my “mailing address."
Please call me for professional development rates: Training, Reflective Supervision, Clinical LLMSW Supervision
*Sliding scale and reduced rates are available for individuals experiencing financial hardship. Please ask.
1) Community Mental Health(CMH) MI -offers a high level of services for Individuals with Medicaid or otherwise qualified. Services are related to Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse. See link below to find the office for your county in Michigan.
2) National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
3) 24-Hour Telephone Counseling
1) National End-Of-LIfe Doula Alliance (NEDA): Doula information & directories
2) On The Way to Dying: Practical Experience and Insight on Aging and Dying
3) National Home Funeral Alliance (NHFA)
Pregnancy and Infant Loss
1) Pregnancy and Infant Loss http://rtzhope.org/
2) Friends Supporting Parents http://friendssupportingparents.org/index.html
Loss of An Animal Loved One
1) Lap of Love Veterinary Hospice www.lapoflove.com
2) Pet loss www.pet-loss.net/
1) Help Me Grow Michigan: Brief developmental Screens (see link below)
2) Zero to Three "Supporting caring adults who touch the lives of infants and toddlers..." research based parent and provider resources, training and advocacy.
FASD Resources for Families:
1) NOFAS.org : National Organization for Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
2) MCFARES.org : Local Chapter of NOFAS (See link below)
3) Book: Trying Differently Rather Than Harder by D. Malbin.
4) Online Training Series: TRIUMPH Today; 16 segment online training series that give families, caregivers and professionals the tools and techniques thy need to understand FASD. Call Sr. Suzette at 419-890-1290 * email@example.com
5) Training on a brain-based approach to living with, caring for, and working with individuals and families impacted by FASD
FASD Resources for Providers/Mental Health Professionals/Early On
1) SAMHSA Guide for FASD treatment for providers
2) NOFAS.org : National Organization for Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
FASD Resources for Educators:
2) Early Childhood: https://www.gov.mb.ca/healthychild/fasd/fasdearly_en.pdf
FASD Resources for Physicians
1) American Academy of Pediatrics: https://www.aap.org/en-us/advocacy-and-policy/aap-health-initiatives/fetal-alcohol-spectrum-disorders-toolkit/Pages/default.aspx
FASD Nutrition: Review with your Registered dietitian or Physician
2) Nutrition implications for FASD www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4224205
3) Dr. Molly Goodfellow “Neuro-inflammatory effects of PAE -anti-inflammatory diet recommendations"
1) Do you offer home based services? Yes. Limited. However, I can not bill insurance for this. Lets discuss how best to meet your needs.
2) What ages do you see? I work with individuals across the lifespan.
3) How much do you charge? Rates depend on Insurance coverage and services provided. Please contact me to discuss if insurance is not and option.
4) Do you work with a psychiatrist for medications? No, I will refer you to your primary physician/Insurance for a referral or help you find one in the community.
5) Do you accept sliding scale? Yes, no one should be turned away for inability to pay. If I can not help you, I will refer you to your local CMH Access Center who often keep lists of other sliding scale providers.
6) What are your hours? At this time my hours are restricted to evenings and weekends. Limited daytime hours are reserved for clients facing end-of-life.
7) Where is your office? I am currently using comfortable space at a "Welcoming" Catholic Church in Sterling Heights. I do not post their address as I do not want to risk inquiries to their office. My mailing address is very close to my office.
8) Are you a "Faith Based" service? Faith, spirituality or religion is only as much a part of our work together as it has meaning to YOU. Amy Park-Goeddeke, LMSW, L.L.C is not affiliated with a religious organization.
9) Are you wheelchair accessible? No. While there is a ramp that leads to my office. The bathrooms are located at the bottom of a flight of stairs. Ask me about home based services.
Please contact me with questions.
Mailing Address: 13335 15 Mile Rd. Sterling Heights, MI. 48312
*Alternate hours can be arranged for End-Of-Life Doula Services
*Resources provided on this site should not be considered a recommendation. You are encouraged to explore and interview each source and determine its relevance and effectiveness for meeting your unique needs. Always consult your medical professional for health and nutritional needs.
Copyright © 2019 Amy Park-Goeddeke, LMSW, L.L.C - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder